The Sunnyside Gardens Park House
The Sunnyside Gardens Park HouseSunnyside Park House
The Sunnyside Gardens Park HouseSunnyside Park House Work
The Sunnyside Gardens Park HouseSunnyside Park House Gutter
The Sunnyside Gardens Park HouseSunnyside Park House Copper + Slate
The Sunnyside Gardens Historic District was listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1986 and designated as a New York City historic district in 2007. The Park Keeper’s House was built in 1926 along with the other 600 buildings designed by Clarence Stein and Henry Wright, leading garden community planners of that era.
A $70,000 financing package has been put together to replace the slate roof, install new windows, and perform clapboard repairs on the Park Keeper’s House: a $35,000 matching grant from the Landmarks Preservation Commission, a $20,000 City Ventures Fund grant from the Conservancy, and a $15,000 loan (3% interest for six years) from the Queens Historic Properties Fund. The firm of Cutsogeorge Tooman & Allen Architects is providing pro bono services, and DJM Construction is the contractor. Work was completed in the spring of 2012.