Historic Properties Fund

Conservancy’s Loan Program Approves Four New Projects

Conservancy’s Loan Program Approves Four New Projects
Conservancy’s Loan Program Approves Four New Projects
-Fund Staff - James Mahoney, Blaire Walsh, and Mark Weber

April, 2018

The Historic Properties Fund Board welcomed Mark Weber as the new Fund Director at its April 26th board meeting, where four new loans were approved totaling $570,000. These four projects would bring the total amount of funds committed by HPF to $28,220,236 and the number of properties assisted to 258.

Two of the loans will fund exterior restoration work on two brownstones in Upper Manhattan. One, a Queen Anne and Romanesque Revival row house in the Manhattan Avenue Historic District built in 1887 and designed by the noted New York City residential architect, C. P. H. Gilbert. This mid-block row house features a rusticated base surmounted by a sheet metal-clad bay window on the parlor floor. The second, a Romanesque Revival row house built in the 1880’s is representative of the row houses built in the late 19th century when Mount Morris Park was developed into a residential community. Another loan will assist a Romanesque Revival row house in Park Slope, Brooklyn built in 1896 that features a bow front façade with curved sash windows. The final loan approved will assist a three-story wood frame double house in Staten Island that was built c. 1873-1874 in the Second Empire style and retains its original slate mansard roof.

Weber returns to the Conservancy following a lengthy stint at the World Monuments Fund from 1998 to 2016. Weber served as the Director of the Technical Services Center while at the Conservancy from 1986 to 1998. He joins Fund staff James Mahoney, Project and Accounting Manager, and Blaire Walsh, Project and Outreach Manager.